Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Contest

Pohai Na Keiki Nalu Surf Contest
@ Launiopoko
The boys really wanted to do this fun surf contest since their friends were doing it.
Glad we did, it turned out to be a lot of fun and the boys did great.

Gearing up for Round 1, 6 and under age group, they were in different heats.

Go Dylan.

Ya!

Nice one.

Hudson ready for his heat.

I had to get Hudson ready while Dylan was out surfing.  His heat was right after and they paddle out before the current heat is over.

Nice one Dylan!

Getting some good ones.

Moves.

Go Hudson.

Ya!

Nice one H!

He killed it.

Way to go H.  I cut my toe getting him out of the water.  I stubbed it and cut it bad enough I had to stay out of the water for a few days.

Round 1 - Dylan got 1st and Hudson got 3rd.  They advanced to Round 2.

Hudson and Dylan entered the boogie which was open ages, under 12.

Cutie.

Good luck Dylan.

Ya!

Spin.

Go Dylan.

Trick time.

Drop knee.

Tucking for the barrel.

Round 2 their heats were at the same time so I needed someone to help Dylan.  He could of done it himself but I felt better having someone with him since Justin was going out with Hudson at the other peak.  Cash!  Their 10 year old ripper friend.  He was stoked to help Dylan.

He couldn't wait.

Uncle helping Dylan get ready.

Good luck in round 2.

There they go.

Dylan did so well in this heat.

Was shredding so much that people were asking who he was.

Go Hudson.

Nice one.

Cash pushing Dylan.

Go Hudson.

Long ride.

Hi Uncle.

They both got 1st in Round 2 and advanced to the finals.

Hudson round 2 boogie with all the older boys.

D and H.

Go Hudson.

Go H.

Dodging the big kids since he was waiting on the bombs.

Hahaha.

Finals.  they were in the same heat since it was the finals.  Dad had to help both.  

Cash wishing him luck.

Good luck.

Go Dylan.

Go Hudson.

Dylan trying to make the best out of the waves.

Trying hard.

Go left!

Mr. Cutie.

They had fun.

More pics and the results to come....