Saturday, September 1, 2012

HBDD 23 Months


WOW, my little boy has changed soooo much!!  I can't believe in a MONTH (30 days) he will be 2!!!  We have had such a blast together and so excited what the future holds.  So much fun and special moments to come!!!





At 23 Months, Dylan:
  • Asking to be in his crib, covered, shut door around 11:30 to nap * few days because of lovey.  Took lovey back to naps & bedtime only.  He seems happier, not just wanting to be in his room or crib
  • Some of the things Dylan has said: - Talkative little guy.
    • Table surfing for other peoples food.  Mama said “I’m going to have to start eating in the  closet”.  Dylan took his food to the utility room/dog bath and said, “Eating in the closet.”
    • Asking to nap in big bed.  Then, saying “Mama, Hi. 1-2 eyes” and poking at my eyes.  (not napping, playing with Mama & lovey)
    • I like toast
    • Mama get red car, get red jeep -8/7
    • My turn
    • No, this., No that., No mama.
    • Using prepositions:  Sandwich on the table.
    • Called a senior citizen a grandma at target when she walked by. - 8/12
    • Telling stories: Crane up high, dumptruck dumped dirt, hook,get it, train.
    • Mama, pick out pouch I want. - 8/15
    • Mommy Daddy got ice cream. & I like Ice Cream - Jason’s Deli - 8/18
    • Look Mama, Make Triangle.  Making triangle with a straw. - 8/20
    • What’s this, Mama? - Handed me something.  Looked at it and it was a booger! Asked him if it came from his nose, “Yes”, smiled and laughed,
    • I made a line - Drew a line in the carpet with his comb.
    • 5 word sentences: Take this off of here.  
    • Loves saying “1-2, wake up...mama, dad (when sleeping) car, etc...whatever he is talking about at that moment.”
    • On walk from Lake back to Condo in CO - “I love Mommy too, I love Mommy and Daddy” when Justin said he loved Mommy.
  • Attachment to toys, taking them to bed and nap until he played the whole time and skipped his nap.
  • Started gymnastics class, he loves it.
  • Drawing circles
  • Starting to pretend: vroom, vroom as he drives the car around the bathtub, drawing a crane, drawing mama, grammie, daddy, hudson; truck flying in stroller.
  • Colorado trip - In his 1st wedding
  • Loves running in the stroller.  Tell’s me “Momma, more running stroller.”
  • Washing the dishes
  • Nickname: Punky, Bud
  • Loves to run around naked, or in shirt “no shorts or pants”, barefoot, “no shoes”
  • Demanding with orders, “Mommy, get it”, “Momma, sit here”, Come on momma (been doing for a while)
  • Caught 1st fish.  15 in. trout in Colorado
  • Counting to 10 with all numbers
  • Funny walk - scooting his feet
  • Facial expressions - opening eyes wide when you ask him something