Mommy got to go away again this year for another Swellwomen surf and yoga retreat on the west side. I was invited to be the character for a short film they were shooting and I couldn't resist another retreat! Of course I also needed more help with my surfing and some time back on my yoga mat...so why not! It is always hard for me to leave my family but so great for me to find me for a week.
This year I got to room with the girl shooting the film so it was like going back to roommate life and I could not have asked for a more perfect person. She was down for adventure, travel and fun being a kid. We got to play with a pineapple in the water, ride bikes through town, jump off black rock cliff, dive deep, snorkel, swim, surf and eat healthy. It was so fun to be a kid again, surf my brains out and have an amazing salad ready for me when I was done. Then, in the afternoon we got to do yoga and end the day with the sunset. Breathe! Ahhhhh... gratitude! One day we took a catamaran cruise and got to dance in the rain and run back in the down pour. Soaked, soggy and smiling..I forgot how fun the rain is. I met some incredible women and grew so much while I was there. I am so grateful for this opportunity! Everyone needs a little time alone to get grounded. I now can't wait for my time alone with the boys as Justin gets his alone time. The boys missed me and were so happy I was back. Hudson was more sad than Dylan and they both almost cried as I walked up to the front door when I got back with the cutest card in their hand.
The first night Mommy was gone the boys had a party.
My short board.
Playing with the sunset.
Miss my boys.
Boats for the boys.
Blessed to stay right on the water on the first floor with a huge lawn.
Meanwhile, Daddy working on a project.
When I get a picture sent to me like this I can't help but smile inside and feel so much gratitude.
MISS HIM!
Glad to see they were having fun.
Playing with the sand.
Some pics playing in the water.
I have always loved to play around the water and dreamed of being a mermaid.
Dreams come true.
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
Wave.
Sunset yoga.
The crew.
These pics are for the video but thought I would share.
Warrior.
Breakfast of the champions. Will miss this breakfast!
My board.
Mermaid Crossing.
Surfs up.
One day we got to go out on paddle boards.
Thats me.
Yoga on a paddle board is amazing.
Rough seas so this was a little tricky!
Lessons from Tim.
Paddling out with Lulu.
Tim was videoing me on the wave which is so great to see what you are needing to improve on.
Fun size.
A few days we went to Hookipa where I normally surf to get some shots for the video.
Excited to get her footage!
Our welcome dinner.
My Wisdom Cards that spoke to me!
I Love LIFE!
Right on! Life Life to the Fullest, you only get one!
Super small waves so I decided to use a long board and practice walking to the nose.
My goal - nose ride, hang 10!
This board was sooooo fun!
One of my favorite spots! They were able to prep our order so it was done after our surf lesson.
I could get use to this!
Justin sent me this picture of these 2 birds that have been sitting outside on our fence together.
Catamaran cruise. Me and Tiffany.
I was so happy that Tiffany was able to join me this year on the retreat. I was where she is last year and it is so great to have another surf buddy!
Another friend we met along the way. Inspires me to get acupuncture for my asthma!
Mahalo a Hui Hou.
Lulu, the owner of Swellwomen and Dot.
Dylan practicing his letters early in the morning.
Another wisdom card speaking to me.
Listen to the divine.
Our closing circle.
This experience is complete but I know that I am going home to more fulfilling and rewarding experiences of being a mother.
My work is deeply fulfilling.
I had been smelling a nasty smell in my car for a while now but thought it was my wetsuit or my board bag. I unzipped my board bag thinking it would help. Well, the day Tiff and I drove home I apologized for the smell and we were on our way. Well, we didn't make it far! We had the windows down because the smell kept getting worse! AC on = oh no! I had to pull over at the first gas station because the smell was about to make us puke! Smell of death! I pull over, pop the hood, look around and nothing. Thankfully, being 2 girls and pulling into a gas station where a drunk and his mechanic friend hand out we were in good hands. Poor guy didn't know what he was getting himself into! He offered to help. I told him about the smell, that we were trying to find something and he got his friend. Next thing I knew my car was torn apart and the mechanic was pulling a nest and dead mice or parts of a rat (who knows) out of my car. Not to mention maggots falling out on him. DISGUSTING! Thankfully, he found it and was able to get it out. It was in the AC compartment under the hood. He told me how to get the smell out, what to use and replace and put most of my car back together. $40 bucks, wo beers, lavender oil and we were on our way. Meanwhile, the drunk guy wrote on my dirty car "I'm dirty and horny, lets get clean together." OH MY! It was like the huge elephant in the room that we were ignoring. Fix my car and let us be on our way. Thankfully we were at a gas station. We ignored it and then when we went to leave another guy noticed it and laughed and said me too. I washed it off and we jetted out of there. The drunk guy yelled what happened to my billboard as we drove off. Thanks for the help and entertainment, hope you enjoy your beers!
Magots in my filter - barf!
The nest!!!!
























































