Tuesday, August 15, 2017

H Fishing

Fishing and spearfishing:

While Dylan was at school Hudson and I went spearfishing.
He has been on a spearfishing kick.  We went to walmart to buy Kaika some fishing supplies as a thank you and he saw a spear.  We also watched the documentary "Given" about a little boy and his adventures traveling the world looking for the big fish.  He is now inspired to spearfish.  He is adamant about learning to spearfish because he wants a spear.  So, we have some lessons to learn before we can get a spear.  We made a stick spear to practice and went spearfishing.  
Thankfully, we took a net.

Looking for the big fish.

Spearing is harder than he thought.

Determined.

Get it.

Hanging out.

Caught one in his net.  Then he had the idea to spear it in the net until I told him he would kill it.  Then, he realized ok maybe I don't want to spear it.  Then he decided to get a bigger fish.  It was a lesson on you eat what you kill.

Little boy and a big sea.