Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Craziness

A day of craziness.
Thankfully I got a harbor surf in the morning thanks to Justin cooperating with me and carpooling :)

We went to our football game and were warming up when the ballistic missile threat alerts started going off on everyones phones.  At first, everyone looked around, was in shock, and questioning if it was real.  Then all of the sudden a few people from each team started running to their cars and it sank in.  "This is not a drill" sank in and everyone started to scatter and run for their cars.  I was running with our lawn chair open and shoes in the back.  My friend said, "the chair doesn't matter put it down and follow the firefighter".  So, I dropped the chair and made sure the boys stayed close by me.  We ran to the car.  Justin was busy picking everyones stuff up and trying to find two boys from the team.  Finally we realized they went with their Dad or an Auntie and all got in the car.  Everyone was so calm (relatively) and showed Aloha on getting out of the parking lot safely.  On our way home as we looked in the sky and tried to stay calm, our firefighter friend texted me that it was False.  A little sense of relief but we wanted to know for sure.  We couldn't find anything online or on the radio!  After texting back and forth we felt better.  We stopped by the station on our way home and chatted with him.  Finally, the alert came that it was False.  THANK GOODNESS!  OH MY, someone really really FFFFFFFed UP!!!!!  Luckily we were not on Oahu, thankfully I was with my family and that I am naive to ballistic missiles or I really would of lost it!
Soo....we went on with our beautiful day and went to Sugar Cove.
It was big swell (Jaws going off) and crazy energy all around.

Emergency Alert...this is NOT a DRILL.


The scramble on the field. (Justin took this)

Sugar Cove Craziness. 

Friends. 

Jujitsu. 

Nap time.

Gliders

Gliders from Santa.

The sky. 

There it goes.

The mix match socks.