Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Shelby

Well, we got another dog.
Meet Shelby.
Super affectionate, sweet, well mannered girl.  Reminds us of a combo of Benny (the way he lays and played with his toys), Sadie (the way she is loving, cuddles, wants to be around you constantly, and Nalu (the way she runs to you all out with complete joy).  
Thank you thank you thank you for another great dog.

The story:
We were stalking the MHS website for dogs and I came across her.  We went to volunteer and there was nothing to do in the cat ohana.  Not many cats, no kittens and everything was spotless.  So, we went to look for this girl.  She wasn't in the kennels so we went to chose another dog to walk and I couldn't find a good one.  I saw her name on the walking board, so I asked about her.  She was already taken and set aside for the Wings of Aloha program to fly to the mainland.  I asked another girl if I could see her because we were interested in her.  She said sure and that she could talk with the front desk about her not going.  So, we took her out and from there the head lady (who new about Nalu and felt so bad) let us know that we could take her to foster and see if she was a good fit.  Turns out she was not spoken for, she was a barter dog to fly with another dog.  What are the chances of that.  Ok, so she went home with us for a week and there was no giving her back!
Done and done.  Another dog.  Shelby.  Meant to be.

Her checking out Petco.

Pretty face.

The interview went well.

Hi, Mavy.  I really want to chase you!

We took her for crapes.

I love you!

So good.

Who loves who more??

Pretty Mutt.

I love Nalu's bed.

Another relaxing Petco trip.

Walk with Babi to the beach.