Saying goodbye to Owlly was one of the hardest things I have had to do in a while. I haven't cried so hard since Mia died. When we first got her and she started coming out from hiding I noticed she had some hair missing on her tail and walked funny. I thought it was because she had been sitting in her pee and hiding constantly. Stress, anxiety, pee, no movement is a horrible combination. We took her in for her recheck appt and they tested for ring worm and it was negative. So thankful! We continued to work with her and got her to come out on her own, enjoy being around us, love pets and starting to explore. She was due again for her recheck when I confirmed her appt. and they let me know that in deed she tested positive for ringworm!!! I thought they did test her and it was negative! Nope, I guess they did both test - the light one was negative and it didn't look like the textbook case. UGH!!! UGH!!!! We also had her back legs checked and she has lactating patella where her knee caps bump out of place.
SO......time to make the decision. To keep fostering and do the ring worm protocol or not.
The last day before he appt I kept her in the crate. Every time I would look at her I would cry. She looked so sad and wanted to come out so bad. I can not commit to that protocol with the possibility of it spreading to our posse then having to do the treatment for all of us! Especially since grandparents are coming and we are leaving island for vacation. We had to return her. :( Hopefully she will find a great foster with a feline friend and if she needs fostering again once treatment is done we will take her back.
She was just beginning to come out of her shell and then this! Would she be stuck in the kennel at the shelter again??????? Poor thing!!!! UGH, ugh! Here is a write up I did about her.
Chestnut, we named her Owlly.
Owlly is just now coming out of her shell from being completely terrified, hiding and hissing to being a cuddle, affectionate, curious love bug. She needs someone who can gain her trust so she can be your amazing, cuddle companion that can hang out and be around you.
It was amazing to watch her go from her cute, little his and extreme terror, hiding in her box to wanting to hang out, get chin and belly rubs, and watch us with her curious eyes. She even started to meow to get let out to explore and hang out. She is low energy and has trouble walking so really just wants Churru and love to melt her heart. She is the sweetest, loving girl once she trusts you. She will still occasionally hiss but she has never bitten or swatted, just a quiet little hiss. She is now use to kids, a dog, the vacuum, and other cats. She is very curious and wants friends, both human and feline. She loves to play and toss around a toilet paper roll, toothbrush, tiny socks or go for the laser pointer. We kept her in our bathroom in the beginning and then moved her to a crate in the kitchen so she could see us and all the action which helped her not be so scared. She loves to be pet on her back, chin rubs and belly rubs! She likes to be picked up gently, cuddle and lay with you on the sofa, eat fancy feast and kibble, and lick churru off your fingers! Please be her cuddle buddy.
Owlly is just now coming out of her shell from being completely terrified, hiding and hissing to being a cuddle, affectionate, curious love bug. She needs someone who can gain her trust so she can be your amazing, cuddle companion that can hang out and be around you.
It was amazing to watch her go from her cute, little his and extreme terror, hiding in her box to wanting to hang out, get chin and belly rubs, and watch us with her curious eyes. She even started to meow to get let out to explore and hang out. She is low energy and has trouble walking so really just wants Churru and love to melt her heart. She is the sweetest, loving girl once she trusts you. She will still occasionally hiss but she has never bitten or swatted, just a quiet little hiss. She is now use to kids, a dog, the vacuum, and other cats. She is very curious and wants friends, both human and feline. She loves to play and toss around a toilet paper roll, toothbrush, tiny socks or go for the laser pointer. We kept her in our bathroom in the beginning and then moved her to a crate in the kitchen so she could see us and all the action which helped her not be so scared. She loves to be pet on her back, chin rubs and belly rubs! She likes to be picked up gently, cuddle and lay with you on the sofa, eat fancy feast and kibble, and lick churru off your fingers! Please be her cuddle buddy.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let her continue to be showered with love and let her fear be gone and trust people. Please let her be in good hands. As I write this I am tearing up again. She really touched my heart, and I think we did the same to her!!! We will always love her.
Here is a video I made about her.