Pip and Melissa's herd has moved to her new property!
Beautiful with the biggest arena on Maui and trails on the 50 acres.
Cookies?
Need sunscreen miss.
Got her hair done.
She is so funny.
Her tail braid.
Well, UGH! What is my deal!
I am ok but got hurt again from Pip when we went to ride after we returned from Whistler. I am now having anxiety about riding, questioning if I like it and why I even have a horse.
I really want to be safe and not get hurt!
I was trying to put her bridle on and I am not sure what happened but she kicked me with her front leg on my calf. I am not sure if she got my arm too or my arm is from picking her feet. We were struggling to get the compacted rocks and dried mud out and battling the flies. I don’t know if she was kicking at a fly or I pulled her hair with the bur, hit her mouth or face somehow, or her just acting weird not wanting me to bridle her.
With the help of Melissa, I did end up riding and had fun in the new arena!!!
Not sure why I am so scared of getting hurt. Maybe that is the cause in the first place. I was feeling anxious and nervous about going up there in the first place since it is a new experience, new place, etc
Maybe it is from a level of inexperience, but I do not want to have a horrible learning curve.
Hudson really expresses how much he likes going, so that helps me want to continue to go.
I’m afraid i may regret it if I do sell her and it is good to have something fun and special to do with the boys. Just don’t want to get hurt really bad and then mad at myself for not listening to myself of stopping.
I question if i really like it, if it does bring me joy, worth it, etc. I just keep flopping and not sure if bc I'm just scared and need to go back up there and try again.
And I think I will ask for some more guidance to be sure I am doing everything safely and properly and become aware of the potential danger so I can avoid and know what to do if need be?
From tying, tacking and riding.
And not rush my decision. I can always just groom her, not ride for now and watch the boys.
Writing this helps me process this whole thing! Kittens are so much easier, haha!
Arm.
Calf.


