Sunday, August 11, 2024

Animal Kingdom

Ever since we got chickens, I have always wanted a peacock or ducks. I tease about it often. I think they are so beautiful and remind me of Mimi and Papa. Well.....careful what you wish for! One day we heard a honk sound....is that a peacock??? No. Yep, we saw one in the distance behind our house. Time passes, we go to the Bahamas and come back and see it standing on our neighbors lanai. What? Is it theirs? It is big, when did they get it? So confused, I texted them and sure enough it just showed up about a month ago. They are not feeding it, just letting it roam and it choses their yard. Ah, makes sense now!! It was in the other neighbors yard, then made its way to their lanai where it has been staying. They currently are gone so that may be the reason. We will see when they get back since they have kids and it can be loud over there! Poor guy looks unhealthy and stands around grooming or picking at his feathers......soooo....yep....we started feeding it! It is learning the routine quickly. Come in the morning and evening for a scoop of cat food, occasional berries and maybe some tomatoes or worms. Cat food and berries are his favorite! Wonder if he will make it to our yard.? The animal kingdom!

Buddy......
 

Bella is on guard. Is he there yet? I have to climb the crate to feed and look at him.

He is beautiful.

Peering over the fence.

Snack time.

They are so funny. The trio.

Hmmm....sunny has made her way to the kitchen door. "Is there a peacock around here?"

"Hey lady!!! I need some worms out here."

I missed this guy!!! LOVE HIM so much!!! He makes it hard to get more kittens, 
which is a good thing since I need to focus on school. :)

My buddy.