Sunday, November 3, 2024

Star Bunny

 Well, we added to our farm.
Hudson wants a dog, a chinchilla, or an animal he can bond with. The dog he wants is basically a horse, newfoundland or the other extreme of a corgi. No. No. No, we have a dog. 

Our hutch where the guinea pigs were was blaring "I need an animal" in it!
After considering birds, chinchilla, or plants, Hudson had the idea of a rabbit.

So, he comes up with other ideas....a rabbit? No, don't think so. "Mom, I want an animal I can bond with and snuggle." After researching animals he switched from rabbit to chinchilla. Thanks to YouTube making animals look cute and perfect. Nope. I rather get a rabbit. After determining the pros vs cons of chinchilla we figured out a rabbit would fit best. 

He gets me on board and I am determined to find one, so the search begins. No baby rabbits on Maui. Guess it isn't baby rabbit season. Hmmm....so we looked at other islands. We found one in Oahu and Big Island. They wanted $250-390 plus shipping of $80 or $120! What, for a rabbit?? We continued to search Maui....had to be one. Somehow I came across a girl who didn't have babies but had a 2 year old rehome. She is a breeder that is done and over rabbits. She sent a picture and we were destined to go meet her. Justin said we should meet her, leave and think about it unless it was 100 percent you just know! Huson and I came up a plan. What are you looking for? IF you are not 1000 percent it is a yes, we can just leave. Well, we got there and it was love at first sight! "Mom, I WANT her. Mon, I really want her. I know!!!" Ok, are you sure? Remember what Dad said? 
It is a YES. What about supplies? We will figure it out. Ok.....and so we had a rabbit. Meant to be....let's see if the haiku store is open. No way, it was!!! Until 7! Time town pet store was open, STARs aligned and her name was born....Star Bunny.

And so we meet.

Here it goes...

I love her.

So cute.

Ritz Carlton.

Snuggles.

My new therapy animal. She helps me sit stil!

Snuggles.

Awe!

He loves her.

Just a hanging out.

She likes her head and ears stroked.