The first trimester is over! I can't believe I am 16 weeks (now, 17 weeks)!
I have been keeping a journal of this pregnancy too, so thought I would share a summary each trimester.
It is wordy & detailed so BEWARE!
Pregnant Again!?!
I have been keeping a journal of this pregnancy too, so thought I would share a summary each trimester.
It is wordy & detailed so BEWARE!
Pregnant Again!?!
October 26, 2011 - Found out I was pregnant.
I went on a 10 mile run with Justin and hit a wall at mile 7. I wanted out of the sun, I felt so tired and weak. We walked about a mile then ran the remaining way. When we got home, Justin mentioned I should take a test. I knew my period was suppose to be around the end of the month but wasn’t sure exactly when. I decided to go ahead and take one because I couldn't understand why I was feeling so out of shape when I was running, out of breath, and needing to take naps (very unlike me!). + it was...at first I thought it was negative so I gave it to Justin to look at and he clearly said, nope our life is about to change! My mom and Robbie were both at our house to watch Dylan. We debated whether or not to tell them and quickly decided absolutely...I took the test out to my mom, handed it to her and asked her if it was positive? Ha, she couldn't believe it either. She wasn't sure what I was handing her. YAY!!! We were all very excited. Justin and I then went to Barton Springs to swim and then to eat dinner to celebrate at Olivia.
We had been contemplating 2 kids for the past couple months and officially decided this month we did want 2 kids and that we felt ready to start trying but not trying. We were not sure how long it would take since Dylan took a year and a half with trouble along the way. Well, surprise! It happens when you least expect it! We are so happy and wouldn’t have it any other way! It was a wonderful surprise and honestly, we were thinking it may take a while. Glad it didn’t.
The 1 and only Home Test:
Really? Look closer? The one & only test!
First Trimester:
October - First Month (Weeks 1-4):
October - First Month (Weeks 1-4):
Appointment - Confirming the Pregnancy:
October 27th - Went to doctor appointment to confirm pregnancy & patient intake. My urine test was NEGATIVE?!? I had to go so bad before the doctors that I couldn't hold it! So, then decided I better chug a lot of water and had a little coffee so I would be able to go again in 30 minutes. The nurse and I both were very confused. I was sad & very disappointed. My doctor ordered a blood test and I had to anxiously wait until the afternoon to hear the results. Finally, the nurse called and sure enough it was POSITIVE! I was PREGNANT! The test had been diluted. Luckily, I know I can chug some water!
Implantation Bleeding - While waiting patiently for my results, I started spotting. I figured that it was my time of the month and maybe the test was right that I wasn't pregnant. Come to find out after speaking with the nurse it was implantation bleeding and a great thing! YAY! Looking back a week before I found out I was pregnant, I had gone for another long run and had some spotting on that day too when I went to the bathroom. I thought it was beets I had eaten but now looking back, I wonder if it was implantation bleeding too? Looking back, now I know why the dogs were acting strange, I was feeling winded, out of shape while running and at bootcamp, tired (falling asleep while reading and unable to keep my eyes open), gums were bleeding, nauseous and really hungry, peeing frequently (thought I had a bladder infection). Justin mentioned the dogs were acting weird and I thought Dylan was acting really clingy too. Justin just got done saying that he really wanted two kids (while driving to veloway).
Feelings:
- Frequent Pee
- Hungry, Nausous
- Bloating, gassy
- Fatique, Tired - feel like can’t get out of bed, falling asleep, had to take naps
- Extremely cold, can’t get warm
- Face breaking out
- Dogs acting territorrial towards me (growling at other dogs on trail), acting distant and staying away then needy
- Cramping
- Urg to change something
- Waking up at 3:30 and 5:30
- Stuffy nose, nose bleed
- Gums bleeding when flossing
- Thirsty
Cravings:
- Craving meat, eggs (protein)
- Craving muffins & mate tea from Whole Foods after bootcamp, sweets after eat
Measurements:
- 104 at home, 108 at doc; naval 26, hips 32.5, R and L leg 18, L arm 9.25, R arm 9.5. Size 0, 24-25
Vitamins:
- Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal
- Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA
November - Second Month (Weeks 5-8):
Appointments - Patient Intake & First Ultrasound:
November 3rd - Patient Intake & Blood work. November 15, 2011 - Exam & First Ultrasound. Ultrasound showed baby measuring smaller than expected based on due date from my expected period. Gave due date of 7/4/2012 versus 6/29/12 based on expected periods. Baby heartbeat in 140s.
Weight - 107 lbs, 104 @ home
Feelings:
- Pimple on tongue
- Breasts feeling engorged & heavy
- Nauseous
- Tired
- Cramping
- Out of breathe
- Dizzy
- Food aversions - broccoli, salads, veggies
- Feeling sick after I eat
- Breasts hurt to touch bra, shirt
- Nauseous
- Feeling sick to stomach after I eat
- Can't eat spicy foods or onions, only bland food
- Headache
- Weird taste in mouth, extra saliva
- Winded walking and stairs, feeling out of shape & dizzy (standing up from sitting)
- Irritable
- Tired, not wanting to get out of bed in the mornings
- Food aversions - broccoli (can't think about or look at it), chicken, brussels sprouts
Cravings:
- Eating wheat thins, pimento cheese & stuffing
- Loving cheese & crackers, sandwiches, cereal
Measurements:
- 107 at doctor, 104 at home, 26 at naval
Exercise:
- Reduced running to 4 miles only, stopped bootcamps & bikram yoga. Walking most days, yoga, weights
Memories:
- Trip to Florida
December - Third Month (Weeks 9-12):
- Nails Breaking, splitting, peeeling
- Emotional/Hormones making me crazy, outbursts, short fuse, cranky
- Tired a lot
- More food adversions (chicken, broccoli, grossed out easily)
- Bloated after eat
- Constipated
- Sinus infection/allergies
- Breaking out on chin & back
- Increase in the female D
- Sciatica, left leg pinch and going numb
- Pain in left side after eating fried food, nachos- St. Croix
- Burping
- Red tint to hair
- Very edgy
- Feeling baby move, flutters
- Intense feeling when move quickly or raise hand above head and around belly button
- Starting to show slightly
- Nausea decreased unless hungry
Cravings:
- Sweets - Serena's homemade sugar cookies, dessert after eat
- Chicken, corn, avocado salad had in St. Croix
- Sushi
Measurements:
- 108 in St. Croix doctor, 28 at naval
Memories:
- Trip to St. Croix
- Ring test said Boy
- Chinese Gender Chart - Girl

