Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HBDD 2.5 Years

Found this that I never posted. 3 months late now!


We went to the doctor a while back for his 2.5 year appt but it was official yet.  We are almost there so I decided to make this posting.  I can't believe how fast time flies!  Enjoying every second of it.  I love my family more and more everyday, is that possible???  How will I feel when they are 20?

Doc, Look at my muscles.


Who knew the doctor's office was soooo fun!

A lot bigger than the giraffe now!

 Such a big boy!

There is WAY too many amazing things Dylan is doing now to even caption, but here are some of the things I think I will like looking back on and remembering for this stage.  I take notes as the months go by so there is never any order to my notes:

TWO:
  • Loves arts & crafts
  • Loves playing in the dirt, playing with trucks, finding earthworms
  • Into matching and finding the snail games
  • Moving stool to get what he wants
  • Asking for a specific preference of food...water, grill cheese, etc
  • 11/11 - 1st day in underpants.  Jelly beans (1 for #1, 2 for #2) for about a week or two and sticking him on the potty everytime he seemed to he needed to go #2.  Then started working on pee. Justin decided to try the underpants today and he got 3 jellybeans for going in the potty.  Started going every 30 minutes.  Then, he was getting too many jellybeans so started making it everytime he asked to go to the potty.  11/23 asking to go in the potty on his own.
  • Saying “Stop it!” Bossy, come here!
  • Saying No and hitting Hudson & Benny.
  • 1st Strider bike ride 11/26, 11/28 on trail, 12/8 starting to go fast
  • Counting to 20
  • Drinking from cup
  • Ask what wants for Christmas “A Big Truck”
  • Conversation with LJ.  LJ showed him a book and Dylan said I like firetrucks. 11/29
  • Dylan trying to stand and peepee 11/30
  • Camp napping in yard (rest before nap) & reading books before bed
  • Told Mommy “I love you Mom” 12/8 when he asked me to get him something and I said sure, lets go get it....then the words that melt my heart.
  • Noticed bottom molars coming in-12/4 (took about a month), top left molar - 1/10/13
  • Asking stage - asking/repeating questions until you ask him what he thinks
  • Selective hearing, not answering you when you ask him something
  • Fibbing: Saying he sick, needs medicine because he likes the taste of his probiotics; saying he sees something when he doesn’t
  • Went poopoo by himself in his little potty 12/16 (27 months). Grammie Gramps over and he went upstairs by himself, pulled down pants went on the little potty pulled pants up, then dumped it in big potty by himself.
  • Into trucks, trains, jumps, flips, strider bike, reading
  • Saying he is scared at night when watches tv
  • Really into having his animals or toys talk (having us talk for them to him)
  • Size - in 24 months/2T (some 2T too big)
  • Wants to do everything himself: wash his hands, get his food (28 months) or throws a fit
  • Potty pee regression - too busy to go
  • Using prepositions
  • Picking nose
  • Big boy Bed - January, 27 months
  • Balancing on his bike & riding fast and crazy
  • Jumping off table, I asked him what he was going to do..he said a flip!  Glad I caught him!  Also jumping off table like he does in the pool aka Trying to dive!
  • Started Soccer Shots - Feb 2013, loves it!!!!
  • 1st Basketball game - Feb 9, 2013
  • 7.5 shoe - Feb. 2013
  • 1st trip to build bear for valentines day - picked kitty with red basketball jersey and shoes
  • Carrying cousins around in his hand, wanting them to talk, take them places with him
  • 7.5 shoe
  • Loving, sweet, loves to be outside
  • 29.4 lbs, 48.5 cm head (25-50%, closer to 50) for both, 36 inches (50%) - 2/25/13
  • Loves reading books, Dr. Suess
  • Walks on the top of his toes while they are curled under
  • Counts, recognizes letters and numbers, colors, LOVES learning and reading