Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sliding sands

Hiking Sliding Sands in the Crater with Ashley.
We drove to the top of Haleakala and hiked 3 miles in the crater (downhill) and 3 miles out (uphill).
This was intense!  It was chilly and super windy!  I felt like I was pushing the stroller up the hill.
Luckily, we had amazing weather.  The clouds rolled in about 20 minutes before we were done and gave us a little mist.  The wind and elevation was the hardest part.  Hiked 3 hours, over 2,000 feet in elevation and about 6.7 miles.  I was beat!  I can't believe Justin did the sea to summit 21 miles the week before.  Tired just thinking about it!

Where's this going to take us?

Sunscreen explosion from the altitude.

The before.

Beautiful.

Nothing around.

Meanwhile, kids with Babi.

There is the hike.

Soaking it all in.

Push.

The crater.

The half way point.

Turning around and going up hill.

Oh boy.

Ugh, done yet?

When we thought we were done, we still had more to go!

In a cloud on our way back down.