Sunday, April 16, 2017

RIP Sadie


RIP Sadie.
August 2000 - April 2017
Her last day of standing and getting up on her own.

Sadie's last day we took her to Hookipa in the morning.  Then, I took her on a walk later in the day.  She wanted to go so bad but could only make it down the street before her legs were giving out on her.  I carried her across the street and tried to let her walk again.  She did for a little then laid down.

So pretty.

Last walk.

Laid down and was not going to move.  

I carried her the rest of the way to the beach.  She could only stand.

I helped her lay down and we listened to the ocean together, and let the ocean breeze hit our faces.  She had her ears up and I could tell she really loved sitting there with me.  

A very sad and special moment!

I love and miss this dog soon much!

I knew it was time.  She could not move.  Occasionally she would lift her head but she needed help getting up and down.  We let her outside the night before and she went under the ramp.  I think she fell, I ran over there to get her and she didn't move.  Justin picked her up and we think she went to die there and we got her.  :(


Last car ride :(  to the vet.

We miss you Sadie!  Thanks for being such a great dog, best friend and amazing ocean and running partner. We will never forget you.  Rest in peace and we will see you at the rainbow bridge.  When the vet gave her the sedative she must of started dreaming.  She was running, panting, smiling and barking.  It was a happy moment!  She was chasing waves!  She was happy.  I realized my Sadie was so in pain and so miserable.  Not living a fun life anymore.  She was not the Sadie that we knew and she was not wanting to leave.  Its ok Sadie, we will be ok.  Sad but the memories and our last day together were very special!!! I LOVE AND MISS Hugging and smelling your scruff.  Our house feels empty but I know you are still around and will meet again. :( :(

Young and crazy days.

She loved to run and walk.

Walking in Texas.  We would walk everyday.

Everyday.

Snuggling.

Cuddling.

Queen.

Happy Girl.  This is the Sadie I remember.

Loved to chase waves and get sticks.

Barking at them.

So tired.

Buddies.

Best friends.