Stained Glass Window
For my topic I will elaborate upon : I also think that if they are communicating with other people who are toxic or mean, then they will pickup on their behavior.
Person paragraph
For the first paragraph, I am going to write about my brother who is 12 years old, when I was playing a first person shooter with him called Valorant. (please note that i love my brother and this time just made me super frusterated)
My brother and I were playing a competitive match of Valorant, me in my super hot closet, and him in the living room on his laptop. We were about halfway through the match when my brother started to do really bad, and he takes all of these games way to seriously, and so he started to say that the enemy team was really bad. His anger rubbed off onto me, and since I didn t want to hear it, I muted his microphone. Then a few rounds later, he was asking for a cosmetic that I had on one of my guns and since I had him muted I couldnt hear him whitch made our dad mad. I tried to explain to him that I didnt want to listen to my toxic brother ranting about the enemys lack of skill (wich he was the one without skill) but my dad refused to listen. The next round, the rest of the team (who were all strangers) were also fed up with my brother and they started to become toxic aswell.
The main point to this is that in my opinion we should take these games casually, and we should not become toxic to other players when we are not doing well.
Idea/Belief paragraph
I believe that video games should be for fun and people need to stop caring so much about their rank (unless your a professional) and that when you lose just accept it and not be mean to your teammates. When people are toxic in video games, it will make the whole of both teams super mad and then it will become like an anger simulator with both teams throwing "comebacks" at each other. I think that video games should have a nicer environment, and people should stop being mean when they hear kids in there lobbies since the kid just wants to have fun.
Slogan paragraph
Violent game, violent name.
This simple slogan implies that toxic people that play violent games will have a reputation of being violent.
Dylan (14) (sorry i have been forgetting to do this)
Believing and Doubting Game
Violent video games increase aggressive and violent behavior in those who play them
Being a believer:
- I think that when people play violent video games, they will want to imulate the characters and will be violent because they look up to the characters.
- i think that the people will want to play the game all the time, and so they will fight and be violent to others if they cant play.
- I also think that if they are communicating with other people who are toxic or mean, then they will pickup on their behavior
- If people play these games, they will become lazy and not do anything else
Being a doubter
- Violent video games like Counter Strike or Valorant can help with your reaction time.
- They can also help with your hand eye coordination, because when you see someone, you need to press a bunch of keys.
- You can meet cool people that are also into video games, for example my brother has met a kid that he plays with every day.
What was difficult about this activity?
- I didnt have a lot of opposing ideas, and half the ones that i did have i didnt write them down because they were restructured reasons i already had
Did writing about this topic make you uncomfortable? Why or why not?
- not really. I thought it was fun dispite my answer to the previous question
How might believing and doubting help you in future writing projects?
- I can make articles that are trustworthy for both sides of the conversation if i wanted to be a reporter. I can also help with resolving disputes i have because I can understand their point of veiw.