WOAH!
Today I had a turning point moment while in the water. The boys and I went back for 2nd session and I boogied the inside while they surfed. I love watching them catch waves!! As I was paddling back out and watching Dylan, I had an emotional moment. Woah, I am legitimately excited for Dylan turning 15, learning to drive and on his way to becoming a man! While I was thinking this I was watching another kid we know surf a wave with a mustache!! Yes, he is a few years older and it just hit me....we will be there soon too. Yet, now I am excited to see Dylan come into his own, to see what he becomes. I am already so proud of him, it is amazing to watch! I love hanging out and being with them. Over the last 6 months to a year has been a huge growing point for us all. I have really been letting go and letting them have more responsibility and autonomy in all areas. It has been a struggle, a balance, a growing point full of LOTS of tears and emotions from us all, but I feel like we have leveled up for this milestone. I am still there amazing mother, yet now by there side as more of a friend, guidance to keep them within the bumpers.
I know I will still have moments of sadness, moments of longing but they will always be there to remember, to grow from, to shape us into the future....and now I am excited, let's do this. We are doing it!!