Friday, July 3, 2020

Kiting

It is summer and the wind is back!  Living in Maui it really makes sense to learn a wind sport. The new hot trend is winging and foiling.  Justin has been learning to wing ding (as we call it) and I have been interested in learning to windsurf or kite.  I initially thought windsurf so I could hang with Hudson and since the boys were not old enough to take a kite lesson.  The opportunity never really came about and I have been seeing people kite.  It looks so much fun, like wakeboarding without a boat.  So, I set up a time to go and took the boys with me to learn.  It was soooooo fun.  I think I (we) may be hooked.  We spent time on the beach learning the kite, set up, safety and how to fly it.  Then, went to fly it in the water as we did a body drag down the shoreline.  It was super fun and we all can not wait to go again.  Hudson got the opportunity to piggyback on the instructors back to feel what it was really like to know how to do it.  It was tiring for his arms but he liked it!  Dylan really enjoyed the lesson.  He was able to fly the kite a little more due to his age so it probably was more fun for him.  Hudson liked it but may like windsurfing more.  We shall see.
  
Gearing up.

Ready to start. 

Basics. 

Going to body drag. 

Looks like they like it. 

Hudson. 

Stoked. 

Coach going to take Hudson on a piggy back ride.

Sun shield.