What?
This has been a long emotional and mental process and glad we are making it happen finally. We are very excited, nervous and going through all the emotions of the process of change.
Why?
We have always wanted to live in hawaii, since college. Justin got accepted to the university of manoa along with UT. UT won. Good thing bc I got accepted there too! Also hawaii wouldn't take ferrets and I had Raley, my ferret at the time. So, fast forward then I went on a trip with my parents and didnt want to come home! When I did I found myself depressed and constantly dreaming of hawaii. Then, in feb 2009 Justin and I spent a month in lahaina, maui. We loved it!!!! It was again so hard to come home. We returned in sept., ha! Then, I got pregnant with Dylan. We have always talked about it in a fantasy way of moving there. Thought crossed our mind then put on back burner because life is so perfect here! Have our amazing family, friends, house, neighborhood, etc etc etc! But......everytime we go on vacation now we consider what it would be like living there? Since Justin was born in Austin and I have been here for 20 plus years it's time to explore and be sure that where we are is where we want to raise our children and be for the next 20 years! There is no better time than now to figure it out! While our kids are young and our family is young and can still come visit, etc. I'm excited for this journey but sad to leave my current life and all the wonderful people in it for some time!
When?
The dogs will be able to enter the island on January 2nd so we will be entering around that date. Date still being finalized but jan 8th is our current date but we will probably move it up. The only thing would be if they didnt pass their rabies test. Not sure why that would happen!
We have rented our house out dec 1st furnished for the most part and will plan to rent a house furnished. Since it is too far out to rent a long term rental right now we have a place booked for the first couple weeks while we scout it out once we get there.
We will be out of our house probably staying with Babi on dec 1st till we go to florida for our family vacation then will be nomads for another 2 weeks. Thanks Babi!
Where?
Here is where we will be staying:
https://m.airbnb.com/listings/497860
This is in the upcountry which we are looking forward to trying out to see if we like it. Lahaina or kihei is where we think we will want to stay for the year so this will be good to try for a couple weeks.
How?
Our house is renting furnished and we plan to store everything else. Shipping my car and selling Justin's. We may be carless for a couple weeks. We plan to ship our car right before our florida trip in dec. Luckily two friends have volunteered to let us borrow their cars! We plan to take 6 bags with us and may ship a few boxes if need be. All the other details are unfolding everyday.
Sad to leave Dylan's school but luckily I will be in communication with The director and he can hope to pick up where we left off when we get back.
We would love to have visitors!
We will be on kona, big island in may for Justin's half iron if anyone wants to stay at the Fairmont orchid hotel there. 5/29-6/1
I will keep you updated with the final tbd date of departure!