Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day of School


Aug 19th - The boys first day of school.
Dylan is going to Waldorf Preschool for 3 half days from 8:30-12:15 and we found a great little school for Hudson just below Waldorf.  I can drop Hudson off and walk through a gate to Dylan's school.  Hudson is going Happy Hearts Daycare, a Waldorf inspired daycare for 2 mornings a week.  

Hudson was so excited to be a big boy.

Cheese.

Mr. Giraffe.

Welcome Friends.

Ringing the bell for Auntie.

He went right in and was ready to play with Auntie Rochelle.  No tears at all.  She said he asked for me twice but that was it.  :(  Mommy sure shed some tears after I dropped him off.  My little baby is a big boy now!  So different from Dylan at this age, he didn't want me to leave him anywhere!  I guess it helps that Rochelle is such a nurturing momma and her home is so fun and inviting.

We dropped H off and Dylan and I had some Mommy time before going to his school for 'Tea and Cubby'.  Today was the first day of school but for us to have tea and pick out his cubby.  I love the slow transition for them, from Garden day, Tea and Cubby to a few full days with mom to a few days without mom.  Gradual and slow, whew!

We had to find a flower to take to school since Mommy forgot to cut one out of our yard.  So, we ended up at Kula Botanical Gardens for our adventure.  Didn't get a flower but had a great time.
My little boy all grown up!

"Fish are my favorite creatures."

"Mom, I love hanging out with you." - Melted my heart!!!

Such a big boy!

Special moments in a peaceful spot.  Just me and D.  No one around.

Off to find a flower...next stop, Kula Farms.
First had to break out a beat.

and see the miniature ponies.

We found a flower, success!  Yet, we were the only one to bring a flower!  It turned out it was for the bigger kids.  Oh well, we sure had fun on our mission, such a fun idea and looked great in the center of the table.  Dylan's playground in the background.

We found one.  Dylan's first day of school.

He picked a hibiscus flower as his cubby.  The gardens must of made an impact.
Smart boy, one right at his level at the end so he could get to it....efficient.

He had been waiting all morning and all week to play in his class!!

Inside cubby.  One happy boy!

My happy, healthy, smart and strong boy is 3 and his first day of Waldorf!  So happy for him since he is so excited!  I know it is the right time for him versus in the past when he was not so thrilled about school.  Now, he can't wait to be there!  This morning after dropping off Hudson he said, "Mommy, lets go to my school now so I can play with toys.  I said, lets go have some mommy time.  No, lets go hang out in the car by my school."  That made me smile inside.

After tea and cubby at Dylan's school we went to get Hudson.  He was doing great, playing outside, pushing a little girl in the swing (his little love for little girls!) and came up to the fence to greet us and show us what he was doing.  Dylan, the slide is for big kids!  hahaha.  He was empowered being away from his brother being a big boy at school!!  He didn't want to leave but he was excited to eat his lunch.  They have a heavy snack at school and I got there before he got to eat.  So, we all went down the road to find a picnic table and have a quick picnic together.  The boys were both empowered from their time away from each other plus being super tired = arguing a bit!  No, I am a big kid.  No, I am.  hahaha.

First day of school a success.  Played really hard!

Out cold.

Snuggles.