Thursday, August 7, 2014

Iselle

Monday I went to yoga and a guy was commenting on prepping for the hurricane coming! What?!?! I had heard about a storm but not a hurricane!!!!!!! Category 4 that reduced to a 1 and is suppose to decrease to a tropical storm when it hits maui. Thanks to the big island. 

After yoga, prep time was on for me! After nap we went to Costco and mana before soccer.  Food, food, food, water, water, water, candles, flashlights, diapers, cooler, dog food, oh yea- beer, wine, Kombucha, toilet paper, ice. It's Thursday and we have been prepping since Monday. Gassed our cars and again just to be sure they were full! Brought everything from outside into our garage (patio furniture, toys, trash, anything that may fly), shut and locked windows, turned fridge and freezer to the coldest setting, prepped some food since our power will probably be going out for a while! Still left to do is fill the bathtubs, pots of water, finding shutting and locking doors, bring our cars under the roof away from the coconut palms, turn off the propane, freeze our water jugs, unplug everything, finish laundry and dishes and have a bag of evacuation needs ready.  I really hope I am over prepared :)
I am so thankful I heard about this storm for the guy in yoga because he saved me from the panic of people getting to the store. We did make store drop ins after we had enough water aince I wanted more just in case and they were out! Luckily there was more at the kuau store! And the line for propane and recycling was crazy(not really but for here)! Luckily we have propane gas! We did a last minute Kmart trip this morning for coffee filters and diapers since my tennis was cancelled and justin freaked bc no coffee filters! Must have coffee during hurricane! Ha! 
Now we are waiting! The calm before the storm! I will say, I am scared shitless!!! All the parks and beaches are closed today due to storm surge and beach conditions but people just hop the fence since surfs up brah! Justin wanted to go but no way was that going to happen!!! Out friend Johnny from here says it's the best surf! Ha, they love to go when a storm is coming!! Luckily we had a great night at the club last night for taco night. May be a while before that happens again. And we ate lunch today at veg out to get out of the house and one last hurrah dining before the storm! I'm so anxious and ready for this thing to pass. Then we have Julio a few days after iselle. It's a category 2 currently but may just go north of us! Please please! The biggest concern is flooding and wind damage. There was a couple in felt. Of us at kmart heading to kona on the big island today?!? What!! Didnt they cancel your flight!?!? She said no! May want to reconsider and stay on maui!!!  
We may be off the grid for a few days but will keep everyone posted as service becomes available again! Think of us! I'm a little kid shaking in my pants as always! Luckily, I try to do things that scare me cause this sure does! The great adventures of the Edwards! 

Hookipa - this is just some of the cars, whole ton behind us too!

Hope my rigged brace for our sliders works!

Raining out. Boys getting a little stir crazy!

Stickering it up!