Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Flooding



When it rains it always seems to cause a car accident below our house on the turn right after the car wash off Bee Caves.  Well, this night Sadie woke me up around 12 due to the thunder and lighting.  She was scared and couldn't calm down (so I thought) until I put her on the bed.  Well, looking back I think she may of heard this car accident or knew someone was in trouble because not too long after I fell asleep again I woke up to red lights beaming in our bedroom top windows.  It was a red glow.  It freaked me out since Justin and Dylan were sleeping in the Airstream and I was alone with H in the house.  Being half asleep I thought maybe a fire?  So I quickly got up and peaked outside to about 3-4 firetrucks, ambulance, and police cars everywhere.  I had never seen an accident with that many response people down there before.  I went upstairs to see if I could get a better view when I saw people with headlights behind jiffy lube and car wash searching for something.  No way!!!  Someone had washed down in the creek and I figured it was gushing because of the rain.  Yep, you could hear it and I went outside and could hear someone yelling down below.  WOAH!  Sure enough, here came star flight.  I woke up Justin (Sorry).  And we watched as they searched and searched for the person as they circled over our house.  Then, finally found them.  About level with our top story and less than 100 yards away they hovered as they lowered someone down to rescue a lady.  We were standing on our deck watching the whole thing.  Amazing that it was literally in our back yard!  So thankful they were able to rescue her and that we have these kinds of assistance to help us out in need.  
It was an eventful night/morning!  I went to try to get some sleep in the Airstream after that and lets just say - I kinda got some sleep.  Dylan was passed out though!  We needed the rain but not the flooding!  2 other car accidents happened that morning before 8 am!  The firetruck could not even get back up the street to go back to the station without turning around.  CRAZY!  People - don't drive on bee caves when flooding or raining hard.

Rain walk to check out the creek.



WOAH we got some rain.  
Police officers said they had to add the STOP on the gates because people would still go through the gates.  About 6 months ago a man tried and got washed away even though the gate was down.




Puddle fun.